The world breaks everyone or nearly everyone, of their childish illusions, assumptions and wishes, often painfully and afterwards due to the personal growth in practical experience, insight and the resulting wisdom many are strong at the broken places just like mended broken bones often are, and some people even have the great insight to be grateful for the purifying fire.
I am grateful to have been loved and to be loved now and to be able to love, because that liberates. Love liberates. It doesn't just hold - that's ego. Love liberates. It doesn't bind. Love says, 'i love you. I love you if you're in china. I love you if you're across town. I love you if you're in harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you. I'd like to have your arms around me. I'd like to hear your voice in my ear. But that's not possible now, so i love you. Go.'
I was grateful to see president obama's victory speech. I was over the moon to see the audience. There were about 60 percent white voters the other 40 percent were african americans, asian, spanish speaking etc. I wept at that spectacle, it told me that the pundits that continue in our country to try to polarize us, to keep us apart, are not succeeding. Americans are waking up not only to the truth, but the truth in each other. Hallelujah!
You'll never meet a happy ungrateful person, or an unhappy grateful person because gratitude and happiness go together. sometimes happiness precedes gratitude but often gratitude precedes happiness. the latter is achieved by realising things could be worse but aren't and so feeling relieved, grateful and happy.
I find a therapy in playing music, in many different ways. At this point, i'm incredibly grateful for the relationship that it's given me with the men that i play music with. It's a great journey, and i'm really grateful for that. And also, being able to scream at the top of my lungs in front of people is very therapeutic.